To see the post this belongs to (and the story behind these cookies), please click here.
Last First Day of School Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2-1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (room temp, but still firm not mushy)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar (light brown is fine, but dark brown is HEAVEN.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- flaky sea salt (like Maldon)
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl. Set the mixture aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer (or using a wooden spoon), beat the sticks of butter until they are pale.
- Add each of the sugars (one at a time) and beat until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix on a low speed until combined. Add vanilla, and mix again
- Slowly (and using a low speed on your mixer) add the flour bit by bit until it’s combined, then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Chill dough in the fridge for at least 15 minutes, but no longer than 45. You want it pliable, but not rock hard.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet, spaced about 2″ apart. (I can fit 6-7 on one normal-sized cookie sheet.)
- Bake for 9 minutes, or until edges are just browned.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle small amount of flaky salt on top of your cookies immediately.
- Try and let them cool before you eat them.
Leave a Reply