I have been blogging for twelve years.
Yes, this blog is new, but I’ve gone through 3 big changes since I starting blogging in 2005. I started as a personal blog to get my feelings out on “paper”. Then it was a knitting blog with some personal stories thrown in. Then it was a fitness blog, and now it’s a lifestyle blog.
Twelve years is a long time!
When you click the links I post or watch my videos or retweet my tweets, it helps me keep the lights on here at Chez Cupcake. It helps me not have to spend so much time away from my kids, and helps me as a single mom to not have to rely on working three jobs to support our family.
Every time you click to read a blog post, it helps. When you watch me being a giant goofball on my vlogs, it helps. When you share my blog posts with your friends or make my recipes or leave GIFS on my facebook page, it not only helps, but it makes me smile.
When people enjoy what you do, it makes doing more of the same SO much easier.
Want to help out your blogger friends?
Here are three ways you can help your blogger friend without spending a nickel:
- Click on their blog post links. The more eyes on their blog, the better opportunities they get, and the better their giveaways can get! Spend some time on the blog. Click and look at some other posts. Leave a comment!
Plus, if you’re friends with a food blogger who lives nearby, sometimes they’ll let you taste test.
- Like or repost or share their social media posts. Sharing their blog posts to your audience or liking their photos on Instagram or commenting on their Facebook fan page posts makes their day. It’s awesome to see my blog posts on other people’s walls!
- Watch their YouTube videos, share them, like them and/or comment on them. Now, I have been making a video every day this year. I hardly expect anyone to watch every single video, but I do love it when I see my IRL (in real life) friends leaving comments or sharing my videos.
Here are two ways that you can help your blogger friend when you have money to spend:
- Buy their product, if you need some. Whatever they are selling, be it LipSense (cough like mine cough) or e-books or LulaRoe leggings or what have you, support your friends by buying what they’re selling when you can.
- When you’re buying from Amazon, check to see if your friends have an affiliate link (like my free Kindle books post, which I update every weekday). Using their affiliate links to purchase something doesn’t actually cost you anything extra, and your friend gets a percentage to spend on Amazon (which sometimes helps keep their growing children in shoes).
When you do any of these things, you are helping your friend’s business grow!
When you do them for me, you are helping me nab more cool opportunities I can share with you, like driving cars from my friends at Drive Shop, or drink coffee from my pals at Bulletproof Coffee, or allowing me the chance to make more marshmallows to share with all of you. You are helping to open doors for me to do bigger and better giveaways and spread the love!
This gig can be exhausting at times. People might not understand that this looks like a lot of fun, but sometimes means I’m banging on the keyboard late into the night, covered in powdered sugar and with marshmallow all in my hair, while I carefully edit photos.
But it’s absolutely rewarding, every time I see somebody follow me on Twitter or comment on my Instagram or post a photo of something they made from one of my recipes.
Thank you for supporting me and my babycakes! <3