DAY TWO OF THE 12 DAYS OF GINGERBREAD!
(SEE HERE FOR THE GINGERBREAD SPICE MIX POST!)
Last Christmas, I was the proud recipient of a Vitamix blender that I believe is almost as old as I am.
She’s a beauty. She doesn’t have a name yet (unlike my mixer), but she’s a workhorse. She even has some sort of heating feature to make soup (that I haven’t managed to figure out yet)!
Smoothies are a huge part of the weekly parade through the crazy of my life. They’re fast, they pack a hell of a nutritional punch (if I do it right) and if I keep my freezer stocked I can make one in 10 minutes or less.
This Gingerbread Smoothie is one of my favorites. It’s chock full of all sorts of goodies, and if you add a tiny bit of molasses, it tastes JUST like a cookie. Only lets you
Just a note – you can use berries or whatever you like, but be careful because adding pineapple makes it taste REAL WEIRD. Trust me. Not good.
A nutritional way to get your gingerbread on
- 1/4 cup frozen mango can sub any frozen fruit, except pineapple
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach can use fresh
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup water can use almond milk or other milk alternatives. Add more if too thick.
- 1 tsp Gingerbread Spice Mix see post here for mix: https://miacupcake.com/gingerbread-spice-mix/
- 1 tsp molasses can add extra if you really like molasses
- Any add-ins you want I used Collagen Peptides from Vital Proteins, but you can add any nutritional powders you wish
Add all ingredients to blender; blend until well mixed.
Serve topped with fresh banana slices and a dusting of Gingerbread Spice mix or granola.
Check out Day One of the 12 Days of Gingerbread here!