Y’all know how much I love Star Wars (and if you don’t know, now you know). I don’t get real geeky about many things, but Star Wars I go all out for.
I’ve been there for all the opening nights of the last 6 Star Wars movies, missing the first showing of only one (because Wolfgang had a concert and he trumps Star Wars).
I can debate the importance of the Porgs to the plotline, and discuss the heart-wrenching deaths of any number of characters. I can tell you why Jar Jar is a horrid but necessary (and somewhat pivotal) part of the 4-6 trilogy.
The newest movie from the Star Wars franchise is not immune to my excitement.
In fact, let me give you my top 5 reasons why I am SUPER EXCITED for SOLO!
- It’s a great movie to get people into Star Wars. It happens before the prequels, so it provides a base for you to push the other movies on them after you convince them to see this one. (Get them excited and then make them watch the rest of them with you!)
- This trailer. Are you kidding me. I got goosebumps AND cried. I watched it twice in a row.
- Donald Glover. Woody Harrelson. Paul Bettany. A “young” Chewbacca and a shiny and new Millennium Falcon.
- Some laser whipping thing that’s like the glowy part of a lightsaber was made into a snake and OMG. Did you catch that in the trailer? WHAT IS THAT? I need more information.
- More insight into Han Solo. Han has always been my favorite human character (Chewbacca is my favorite “other species” character) in the Star Wars franchise, to the point I wanted to be him when I grew up. (That was a devastating explanation for my mother to share with me.) Getting to see how Han became Han Solo is SO EXCITING, I can hardly stand it!
Need more convincing?
Here’s the teaser trailer from that Big Game back in February. (In case you’re like me and missed it)
Still need more convincing? Here’s a beefier version of that Big Game spot….