Publishing an ebook can be a long and difficult process, and you want to make sure you are putting your best foot forward. You want your ebook to be grammatically correct, easy to read, and get your intended point across to your audience.
Having a card-carrying member of the Grammar Police on your side can be a bonus, especially when you are writing an ebook!
As a former English major, a stickler for perfection and someone who ran a gig in high school (and college) editing the papers of her peers, I am someone you want on your ebook team. I can help flesh out topics, compile existing posts from your blog into a legible format, and make sure that your ebook is in tip top shape before release.
I offer five types of packages:
- Proofreading ($150) – your ebook is complete and you just need one final check for typos and to ensure your grammar, spelling and basic sentence structure is 100% before your book release.
- Copy Editing ($300) – corrects spelling, punctuation and grammar.Will also check for internal consistency of facts, capitalization, hyphenation and names. Also checks for commonly confused words like they’re/their/there, peak/peek and affect/effect (as a few examples).
- Substantive Editing ($400) – I will go through your already-written ebook line by line, refining arrangement and use of words and phrases. This polishes language, works on story structure and helps the story flow more smoothly.
- Blog Post Compilation ($450) – you provide a list of your blog posts you would like combined into an ebook. I will take those posts and create a logical compilation for you. Creation of the compilation counts as your initial round of edits.
- “Book Doula” Package ($800) – You have an idea for a book and an outline. You need help “giving birth” to the full book. This price includes 6 weeks of one-on-one support, with work on up to 75 pages of single-spaced 12pt font. You will get one half-hour video chat meeting each week, with “homework” to help move you along in the process. I will also respond to emails twice a week (Mondays and Thursdays) with any questions that may pop up.
- How many pages are included in the price? With the exception of the Book Doula Package, pricing is based on books up to 65 pages of single-spaced 12pt font. Anything above 65 pages will garner an additional fee.
- How many rounds of editing do you provide? Each package (with the exception of “proofreading”) includes 2 rounds of editing: the initial round of editing and a “touch up round” after you make any suggested edits. Any edits you request after the included two rounds will be at an additional charge.
- When do I get my book back? I have a 30 day turnaround from the date you book, and take a limited number of clients each month to ensure each ebook gets my undivided attention.
- Can I make a payment plan? I do offer payment plans, with a deposit to secure your booking. Delivery of initial edits occurs upon the clearing of the final payment.
- Can I see some examples of books you’ve edited? Sure! I worked with Bert on Me Before Mom (she chose the book doula package) and Lynn on The Ultimate Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide.