Looking to collaborate or have questions about the blog? Please email me at email@example.com!
Looking for my media kit? You can find that here!
My name is Libby, and after a horrible breakup 7 years ago where I lost almost everything, I thought my life was over. I didn’t know what I was doing or even who I was anymore. I had to build myself from the ground up.
I had to find out who I was. (Why do I call myself Mia Cupcake? It has to do with roller derby and a breakup. Check out this post to find out why!)
First and most of all, I am a single mom of two kids. My small child hardly ever makes it to the internet (on purpose), but they are brilliant and awesome. My eldest is 19 years old, called “Wolfgang”, and gets veto power on when I share him on the internet. He graduated from high school in 2018, but is so busy with theatre and work and his buddies, I can only SOMETIMES catch him long enough to get a photo. He will start at a university in the fall of 2019.
Wolfgang and I are working on a video series where we talk about life, and you can find those videos here.
Second, I talk. Like, a lot. I’ve been told when I had surgery, I talked nonstop under the anesthesia. I like sharing what I know, and I like learning from other people. I like telling my stories and hearing about other people’s travels, trials and tribulations.
Third, I am a jack of a lot of trades. I’ve been a florist. An insurance underwriter. A bouncer at a club, and a bartender. I’ve worked in kitchens and high rises, coffee shops and executive suites. I’ve been a lot of places, and done a lot of things. In all the jobs I’ve worked and all the adventures I’ve had, I’ve amassed quite a few abilities and a heckuva lot of knowledge (and a couple of ridiculous stories).
So all of the things I know and all of the things I am curious about and all of the adventures I have/had, that’s what this blog is about.
What you will see here on MiaCupcake.com:
- Creating: We’ll talk about knitting, sewing, paper crafts, cross stitch, and lettering. I have more craft supplies than I will ever use, and glitter is everywhere in our house.
- Single Mom Life: We can chat about coparenting, juggling schedules, encouragement, dating and all of the things that come with parenting on your own. It’s not easy, I know. I’m happy to help and answer any questions.
- Food: Recipes, techniques, kitchen disasters, probably a lot of cake and marshmallows will happen. My favorite room in any house is the kitchen, and I spend a lot of time reading about food and watching food television. I do love the Great British Baking Show, so I’ll probably talk about that too!
- Travel: We will cover itineraries, tips, tricks and how to pay for it all. I love exploring new places, and trying new things!
- Entertainment: I love movies and books, and I have a lowkey obsession with my Netflix and Hulu subscriptions. Movie reviews, reading lists, and shows for your next streaming marathon will show up, as well as a little cosplay.
In short, I am a super colorful single mom who might talk a little too much about a whole range of topics. I guess you could call me a lifestyle blogger if by “lifestyle”, you mean “covered in glitter, socially awkward, laughing too loud, singing all the time, quoting movies when it’s probably not always appropriate and trying to keep the cat out of my craft supplies”.
You can’t miss me in a crowd, for sure.
I try really hard to post as often as I can here on the blog (though honestly, sometimes life gets in the way), and I went through a phase where uploaded a new vlog to my YouTube channel every night for all of 2017.
My Instagram is full of photos of my daily life. Sometimes that’s wild and crazy and sometimes it’s just me dragging my laptop out onto our back deck to get a little vitamin D and taking photos of my gorgeous gardens or whatever I’m making in my kitchen.
My Pinterest is kind of a peek inside my brain. You’ll see gory horror special effects makeup, and frilly birthday cakes. Gorgeous ball gowns and all things Disney. Motivational quotes and a whole board on being a Boss Chick.
My YouTube channel contains the vlog from every day in 2017, kind of a misguided quest to be more awesome (turned out to be a lot of videos of me sounding a little preachy!). I also post unboxing videos, the occasional video of Wolfgang doing something amazing and brilliant and a few makeup application videos.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? You can email me any time at firstname.lastname@example.org!